CORPORATE — Top 20 Lessons I learnt in my corporate career…
If you want to be consistently successful follow at least 2, 5 ,7, 8, 10, 12, 18
I am corporate professional and still active. Here are 20 lessons I learnt in my corporate career…
- A twist of humour at work never hurts, arrogance is suicidal.
2. Afraid of disruption? Innovate.
“Many people die at twenty five and aren’t buried until they are seventy five.” — Benjamin Franklin
3. An open door policy is a corporate culture’s self healing tool.
4. Empowerment does miracles, bureaucracy destroys workplaces.
“Knowledge makes a man unfit to be a slave.” — Fredrick Douglas
5. Give your people the right tools if you never want excuses.
6. Job security is an illusion, nothing protects you more than focusing on securing your career.
7. Learn how to say “No” when a yes is taken for granted.
“I can’t give you a sure-fire formula for success, but I can give you a formula for failure: try to please everybody all the time.” — Herbert Bayard Swope
8. Loyalty is mostly taken for granted, dedication is what really matters.
9. NDAs are just pieces of papers, its all about business ethics.
“We look for three things when we hire people. We look for intelligence, we look for initiative or energy, and we look for integrity. And if they don’t have the latter, the first two will kill you, because if you’re going to get someone without integrity, you want them lazy and dumb.” — Warren Buffett
10. Never fear Bosses, deal with courage and confidence with a twist of respect.
11. Never fear change, careers get excitingly better when you migrate from your comfort zones.
“Real job security is knowing you can work somewhere else.” — Vala Afshar
12. Office politics are toxic, disinfection starts from the top.
13. Practice leadership in the field to be able to master it everywhere else.
“In an age of infinite leverage, judgement is the most important skill.” — Naval Ravikant
14. Settle in a place where you can take decisions rather than taking orders.
“Courage is in shorter supply than genius.” — Peter Theil
15. Stand strong for your values, dignity and reputation are never negotiable.
16. Sugar coating has a very bitter taste… stay away from it.
17. Technology will replace you only when it does a job better than you.. keep developing yourself.
“In the twenty-first century, the robot will take the place which slave labor occupied in ancient civilization.” — Nikola Tesla
18. Transparency is a global currency, invest in it.
19. You never need to push your people when motivation is your shortest cut.
20. Your positive energy is your passport to every destination across your life journey.
Thanks for reading…
Found this post useful!!! Click the link below and Follow/Subscribe to join the community of curious subscribers to get update on the best curated posts from the internet.